Beauticell is raising the bar for how our customers are served at every level. We are a post-revenue, investor funded, growing startup based in Austin TX. Collectively, our founders have decades of experience successfully launching and growing companies in various industries. Our culture stands firmly on a foundation of respect, trust, collaboration, and alignment.
As Beauticell’s Director of Marketing (DOM), you will be fueled by the passion behind our vision and the
commitment of the company’s executive team while representing the business to external partners, growing and
cultivating a team capable of executing on strategy, and determining project priorities to increase growth and profits while reducing costs. You will contribute valuable skills and expertise to the company, while leaning in at every moment with an eagerness to learn and grow. You thrive in an environment that supports personal and professional growth. You will also benefit and experience a unique growth opportunity while rolling up your sleeves working with a C-level team that has a proven track record of success in multiple verticals exceeding $100+ MM in annual revenue.
The DOM is responsible for driving growth and profits at Beauticell – by leading marketing, product and business development, editorial and customer service as it relates to marketing. The DOM focuses on producing front-end new customer growth through profitable campaigns, and selling and delivering profitable back-end products internally or through partnership with affiliates.
The DOM has expert knowledge of branded direct marketing, (aka branded response) including an up-to- date understanding of best email marketing practices, so they can recruit editorial talent and choose appropriate marketing messages that contribute to profitable subscription/continuity growth. They ensure high quality editorial that deliver on the promises in their marketing to build the relationship with customers within Beauticell.
1. Find – and execute on – the biggest opportunities within the business for revenue growth.
2. Create or manage/optimize multiple and profitable multi-channel front-end marketing campaigns.
3. Hire and manage a team capable of creating and delivering direct marketing campaigns – including,
editorial, marketing, technology and operations.
4. Identify and serve as project manager to enhance capabilities or save capital within the business.
5. Manage media spending and base costs to ensure growth with profitability.
6. Daily, Monthly, and Quarterly reporting to key stakeholders of key metrics and activities within the
Specific Measures of Success
1. Research: analyze the demand, demographic, topics and best way to go to market with products in line
with brand. Develop match grade Creative Briefs to set the stage for product marketing campaigns.
2. Customer acquisition: Generate annual front-end customer growth.
3. Profitability: Able to run front-end marketing campaigns at break-even or better.
4. Develop systems and processes to execute on quarterly priorities and opportunities.
5. Grow subscription revenue: Increase retention and build subscription revenue base.
6. Create a customer experience that over-delivers on the promises made in marketing message.
• Requires 3-5 years direct response marketing experience
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or other relevant area of focus; if degree is not directly related to business or to this role, ability to show a track record of results in similar marketing roles will be required.
• Organizational, verbal and written communication skills a must
• Experienced in funnel optimization, product marketing, and research & development
• Experience in managing and training staff
Other required qualities include:
• Highly attentive to detail
• Self-motivated, can learn quickly and work independently
• Professional yet friendly
• Cooperative, adaptable, and willing to take on new projects
• Skilled in communication
• Observant and well composed under pressure
• Punctual, can meet deadlines in a timely manner
• Being comfortable with handling a fast-paced, high-growth environment
• Experience with Scrum methodology not required, but will be seen as a major bonus
• Previous experience in the beauty industry is not required
• Medical, dental and vision benefits
• Paid time off
• Paid holidays